Saturday 10 February 2018

An Amsterdam Getaway

Hey Guys,

So I’ve finally had the time to sit down and write this little post for you about our spontaneous trip away to Amsterdam! I had the luxury of having a few days of work so wanted to make the most of it as much as I could (I hate sitting still!).

We grabbed a Pizza at Doncaster Airport before flying straight to Amsterdam, a great flight time in under an hour! 




We wanted to make the most of our three nights in Amsterdam so even ended up taking a wander around the city despite getting there fairly late at night. We was always surprised by how easy it was to get around and how friendly and helpful everyone was if we was ever stuck for directions! 

We stayed at the beautiful Pension Homeland. An oasis of calm and walking distance to the centre of Amsterdam. There are so many things which make this hotel unique but the one that stands out the most to me is the location. It’s situated on what is known as the Marine Land and is formerly an old naval base. From our room we could also look out onto all the boats which was certainly a lovely view to wake up to each morning! 







The rooms are large with murals like the one in the picture above. Although we stayed here as a couple it would also be perfect for families looking for a sense of calm amongst the buzz of the city. 

Another unique aspect of this hotel is that it has its own brewery on site! I’ve never been much of one for beer myself but this is one of the nicest I’ve had (my partner who does drink beer also agrees!). It’s definitely worth popping in for a drink or two if you’re ever in the area especially at these prices! 





The thing I loved most about Amsterdam was how close everything was to each other! I’m not usually much of one for walking but we literally walked everywhere and saw so much and everyone was so friendly! We wandered round the markets where I picked up some bargain clothes, ate waffles by the canal, had a peek at the red light district and overlooked the city at a rooftop bar as well as tucking into some delicious food! We couldn’t have wished for a better experience. 



We also busted the Resistance Musuem which I’ll be talking about in a separate post. Amsterdam was the most perfect little getaway for us and somewhere we never wanted to leave. 



We can’t wait to see where our travelling will take us next! 

I worked with Pension Homeland for the purposes of the review but all opinions are my own. You can keep up to date with all their latest news and offers on their social media and website. 


Instagram: @pensionhomeland
Facebook: Pension Homeland 

J x


No comments:

Post a Comment